5/14/2012

Raspberry Oatmeal Swirl and a Flying Steam Explosion

Hey, how you guys doing? 
Melbourne's weather was as confusing as usual, it was sunny in the morning but it's raining right now and it's freezing cold.
Sometimes I wonder if I can survive in a colder part of the world, countries where they actually have minus-something degree in winter.. I can't even stand Melbourne's winter sometimes. 
Such a noob.


Back in Indonesia, I didn't really need to worry about breakfast because it's always there, 
ready for me to enjoy. 
To think about it, I did take it for granted. haha.
Now I'm here, living by myself, with limited cooking skills and budget.. dang.
I found out that planning your meals can be troublesome. 
And breakfast is one of the trickiest one, I must say. 
I can just skip it, but no... I don't like to skip breakfast. 
Me? skipping a meal? That's sort of impossible. 
I love eating, I'll do anything to make sure my tummy is ready to face the world ~

Since it was sunny this morning, I made a rather special item for breakfast.
I mostly have something warm for breakfast but this time I chose to have something on the colder-side.
Apart from the occasionally I'm-out-of-money cold breakfast options such as cereal and milk, this is my first attempt on having greek yogurt for breakfast. 
I just found out that Greek Yogurt is actually better than low fat yogurts that are out in the market and my favourite brand so far is Chobani.

With a plain 0% Chobani yogurt
I made Nigella Lawson's Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Swirl!
Frozen raspberry !
It was on sale last week woot woot.
lesson no. 1 Thaw them first before blitzing.
It was a bit difficult to blitz the frozen raspberry because I used a handheld blender
(because I don't have a food processor).
It splattered everywhere and it got stuck in the blades a couple of times, I almost gave up. lol
but then I added a few drops of water , and wait until the raspberry are thawed a little bit and it started to form a really thick red sorbet mixture! nom nom.
Don't forget to add the sugar!

Final result ! 
I was tempted to fill the whole glass but decided to spare some of the raspberry mixture for tomorrow.
Oh, I used the new Belvita biscuits for this,
it's lovely because it has actual oat pieces in it!
Nice texture combination.
 It was a great and filling dessert style breakfast. 
Totally going to have this again tomorrow!

----------------------------------

I went to my university's library and started my very own revision of a subject about eCommerce. 
Spent a good couple of hours reading and trying to understand what the hell my lecturer is saying in the ilectures until I decided to go to Woolies 
(to buy salt and pepper. such a lousy excuse for not studying). 
Then I met my friends and I went to their house to hang out for a while. 
I helped my friend cooked her dinner (that I also ate, haha).
We made sweet and sour chicken (sorry, but I forgot to take a picture of it)

Here's the thing, there is a problem with my friend's rice cooker, it won't close properly!
We decided to pile a saucepan and a bowl on top of the rice cooker to weigh it down.
So we sat and chat while we wait for the rice to cook. 
Then suddenly..
BOOM.
The saucepan went flying up in the air, then clashed onto the floor, leaving a serious dent on the side..
The bowl, well.. it dropped on the floor and shattered into pieces. pppfffttt...
We forgot that there's  a steam hole on top of the rice cooker that was covered by the saucepan. 
I think that's the reason why the little explosion happened. 
The worse thing is, that is my friends housemate's saucepan. 
We felt so bad and did apologise to her. 
Lucky us, APOLOGY ACCEPTED!
Lol. this is such a ghetto way to fix a broken rice cooker.
Finished the day with this yummy ice cream. hhmmm...
This is going straight to my waist T_T

That's it for today, 
Hope you guys enjoyed your first day of the week !

4 comments:

  1. Sounds (and looks) delicious!

    Yeah, boo to this nasty Melbourne weather and yay to Indonesian households for having breakfast ready when you wake up (well, the ones with pembantus anyway haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! you're Indonesian too? Didn't see that coming.
      True, well at least the fridge is always full of food~ haha!

      Delete
  2. Hello dear,
    maybe you would like to follow each other's blogs with GFC or via bloglovin? or even both?

    wolffashion.blogspot.com

    have a nice day!
    gV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there :) thanks for the visit!
      no problem, Bloglovin it is :D

      Delete