5/09/2012

Crispy Pork and Chorizo Couscous

Have you ever had a craving for one very evil, greasy, heart clogging food that seems so hard to get and yet, you still very much attached to?
I know I do. 
One tiny little restaurant (I believe the people who lives in my area are familiar with) called ZabThai, is practically a jewel in Burwood and they serve all kinds of Thai food, 
but there is this one dish that makes this restaurant famous and most likely, 
the one reason why people are coming back for more.
It's their crispy pork.
The problem is,
I've went there a few times for the past couple of months but they're ALWAYS closed. 
I don't know if it's just my (bad) luck, or they really had a loooooonnnngggg Easter break. Gosh.
But yesterday, I finally had my first ever ZabThai's crispy pork in 2012 . 


 Ohhh yeah. 
Not the healthiest and good looking food, I know. 
But it's a treat once in a while.
And a treat is always good.
Notice that I had the egg well done, literally.. WELL and DONE
It's like the oil from the pork is not enough already! 
But for this dish, I must say .. that rubbery, solid, and not-supposed-to-be-crispy-but-crispy-anyway fried egg did it for me. 
(Uncle Bourdain must be so disappointed -_-)

 
Woohoo. Look at those chilli seeds. 
You can have this dish mild, medium or fiery hot like mine.
And don't forget to have a box of tissue next to you. 
Because cue the river of snot, this food is SPICY, it's so good though. 
A-ha, and I gave my egg yolk to my friend because I just don't eat yolks by itself. no . just. no. 
That night, I walked home happy, full and satisfied. 
Nothing beats the walk of shame of
"holy %$*# I just ate a WHOLE portion of crispy pork. You're such  pig!" 
But then again, it was worth it. hah!

------------------------

This morning I woke up and cooked my lunch (and early dinner).
I'm going to have my usual long shift at work today. 
I always work from 12 to 8.30pm every Thursday. hhmm..
Late night shopping hours sounds wonderful when you're actually shopping, 
not when you're working.
ppfftt..

I've been constantly eating Subway on my break at work and now I'm getting pretty bored with it.
My friend at work also got tired of eating Chinese food, so we decided to pack up some food!
This is my attempt in cooking DivasCanCook 's Cajun Kielbasa Couscous.
But instead of Kielbasa sausages, I used chorizo 
(because it was on sale at Coles last week!)

I can hear my mom screaming back in Indonesia,
"Deby ! Don't play with your food!"
Can't help it, mom.


Fresh celery hhmmm...
 I didn't know that celery is THAT big.

The magical couscous !
For couscous newbie like me, 
just bear in mind that couscous .. is a pasta not grain nor rice.
Oh yes, I've done my research.

Stirfry all of them while waiting for my couscous to fluff up!

 Serve the chorizo and veggies on top of the couscous and voila!
It was an easy recipe to follow, 
and judging from tiny taste bites that I took, I can say that it's tasty too!


Here's DivasCanCook video of the original recipe
 and check out her other videos for more recipes! nom nom!











1 comment:

  1. Intersting post sweetie! I was thinking...maybe we can follow each other?! XoXo

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete