4/15/2012

Baked Eggs and Fierce Meerkats *heavy pictures!

HELLO!
I did what I promised myself yesterday, to blog about today!

Today I went out for brunch with my friend and her mom who's visiting on Easter break.
We went to Hardware Societe, a cute brunch spot in the city.
I'm sure Melbournians are familiar with this place already.
I've heard a lot of good comments about Hardware Societe and I've walked pass this restaurant quiet a few times but didn't get a chance to actually eat there til today!
I was pretty excited to finally sat down and ate there.

my friend and her mom. Don't they look like twins?
i have weird smile
the busy baristas

I ordered their famous baked eggs with chorizo, while my friend ordered their smoked salmon-something (it's like a sandwich with smoked salmon and sunny side up) and her mom ordered baked eggs with mushroom.
I was skeptical at first about my dish because personally, I loath runny yolks.
I can't even eat those beautiful poached eggs that are usually the main attraction on every single menu on every brunch spot here in Melbourne. meh.
But I ordered it anyway.

The presentation was very appealing!
I love how they use a wooden board on as a tray for the tiny casserole pot and the baguette slices.
Then came the moment when I poked the eggs and yes, the yolk was runny.
I was a bit overwhelmed but decided to man up and ate it.
To my surprise, I loved every single bite of it!
Well of course, I stirred the egg a little bit so that the residual heat cooked the egg a bit more, but I have nothing to complain about!
Eating it with the baguette makes it even better. Hhmmm..
baked eggs with chorizo and tomatoes, nom.
my friend's smoked salmon-something
my chai latte

***********

After that, we went to Melbourne Zoo and turned our tourist modes on.
A lot of the animals were taking their nap so it was a bit tricky to find them.


This dude was hilarious. I felt kinda sad for him though. It was 27 degrees today!
So sunny!


My favourite ! Such a fierce pose. I think the meerkats were actually enjoying the attention, you know.
awwwwhhhh~


That awkward moment when turtles have better love story than you.




taaaa tahenyaaa wawawiii jeewayaaaa ~
went all 'Lion King-ish' with this plushie



dat ass.

So tired from all the walking, not to mention the heat ! Oh boy.
Uni will resume tomorrow. I am not ready for it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment