8/18/2011

"Itu untuk lelaki"

Hello.
I stayed at friends place last night and now I'm blogging from her laptop. ha.
Yesterday was fun, minus the classes I had in the morning. They were boring as usual.
I have a group assignment due in a week but my friend and I haven't done anything. doomed !


Anyway, after class I went straight to the city, my friend Pinka wanted to attend Indonesian Film Festivals Actors Meet & Greet at Ramenya. 
Like a good friend I am, I decided to accompany her (well, actually I just want to go to the city. haha).
It says on the poster that the event will be held at 6pm, since it's Ramadhan month and most people, including my friend are fasting.

We decided to meet up at Monster Threads, because I wanted to buy a watch there but the store was closed for lunch -_-' So after we meet up, we went to Southgate instead.
We went to a store where they sell various items for dancers.
My friend love to dance, she joined Flare Dance program at her school so she needs some things for her upcoming performance. 

Look what I found there !! 
Unbearably cute T_T 
Tiny little ballet shoes gaaaahhhh



After Southgate, we went back to Monster Thread and they're open, thank God.
They have the cutest display for the watches. So colorful!
I was browsing the watches section of the store since they have tons of color and it was really hard for me to decide which color should I take. 
I was rambling with my friend in Indonesian we were like..

"Warna apa nih!?" = "What color should I take!?"
"Eh yang ini lucu!" = "Hey this one is cute!"
"Eh bentar, yang ini lebih lucu!" = "Wait, THIS one is more cute!" , etc.

I tried the medium sized watch and since it's a rubber watch, it slides smoothly but it was too loose.
When I tried the small one, it was a bit hard to get it on but when it fits perfectly on my wrist. 

I was unsure whether to take the S or M one, and then I started rambling in Indonesian again.
Suddenly the lady at the store said..

"Yang itu untuk lelaki" = "That one (size M) is usually for men"

My friend and I were shocked. 
The lady who work in the store can speak Indonesian! And after a brief conversation, she said that her husband is Indonesian and her mom lives in Bali, that's why she speaks Indonesian.
It was my first encounter with a local who speaks Indonesian, pretty cool (and random) !


Pinka also chip in for it, since she hasn't bought me a birthday present. haha
Look! The packaging is like a canned tuna

In the end, I got the olive colored watch in small :)

We wander around to kill time and then at 5 we went to Melbourne University because Pinka got an interview to join Indonesian Student Association. 
I met my other friends there too, I even met 2 of my seniors from high school.
It was really awkward for me because I'm the only Deakin student there...
My friends name was called a bit late so we rushed to Ramenya as soon as she finished her interview. 
But when we got there... 
There were no signs of life, just random people eating. Bummer~
My friend was a bit disappointed at first, but she's fine. haha. Nothing serious.



corn cheese!


half-half chicken ($30)

We went to a small Korean restaurant in Little Lonsdale for dinner. 

We ordered their famous fried chicken (original + sweet chilli), corn cheese and a bottle of soju. 
Like a boss. 
The portions were huge so we ended up taking some chicken and corn cheese home.


Last but not least! 
It's been awhile since our last purikura !


Phew.. Did I talk too much?

1 comment:

  1. Cute watch! Totally gunna check out that store when I'm back in Melbourne, never even knew about it!
    Bad news... I don't think there will be any CHATIME in burwood. I think they srapped those plans. SUCKS, I go to school there to grrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete